Hey y’all what’s poppin’?? If you’re an NBA 2K fanatic and you’re also keeping an eye on future NBA prospects, you’ve probably heard of Victor Wembanyama. This dude is like a unicorn, no cap. Standing at a towering 7-foot-4 or even 7-foot-5 by some accounts he’s considered one of the most hyped prospects in NBA draft history… Now, let’s keep it a buck; creating a build like Wembanyama in NBA 2K24 is a tall order (pun intended). But guess what? We’re about to dive into how to craft the ultimate Victor Wembanyama build.
First off, the game limits you at 7-foot-3; Yeah I know, it’s a bummer… You can’t recreate that crazy 7-foot-5 height in the game. But don’t trip; 7-foot-3 is still monstrous in 2K.
Position and Physicals
- Position: Center (duh, what else?)
- Height: 7’3″ (Max allowed)
- Weight: 230 lbs (You wanna be lean but not too light, gotta fight in the paint!)
- Wingspan: Max it out (8). We want to be blocking shots into the stands.
- Close Shot: 86 – This boy can finish. That high close shot rating ensures that when you’re in tight, you’re almost automatic. Those little put-backs, tip-ins, and close hooks? Cash money.
- Driving Layup: 50 – He’s not Kyrie with the layups, alright? But he’s a big man, so you ain’t buying him for his jelly.
- Driving Dunk: 70 & Standing Dunk: 99 – Man’s not playing around in the paint. While he may not be posterizing defenders on the drive all the time, give him a stationary position near the rim, and it’s a done deal. That 99 standing dunk? It’s BBQ chicken down there.
- Post Control: 64 – He’s got some moves in the post, but this ain’t prime Hakeem. Still, with the right badges, he can get busy down low.
- Mid-Range & Three-Point Shot: 74 – For a big man? That’s flames. He’s stretching the floor, keeping those opposing centers on their toes. Pick and pop action? Yes, sir.
- Free Throw: 55 – Alright, so here’s a weak spot. Big Vic might struggle from the charity stripe. You gotta put in some work on the free throw line during practices.
- Pass Accuracy: 40 – He ain’t Jokic. Keep the playmaking to your guards and forwards.
- Ball Handle: 51 & Speed With Ball: 44 – Look, he’s not gonna be breaking ankles, but he can hold his own in transition and won’t get stripped every time he dribbles.
- Interior Defense: 70 – This is where he shines. Opposing bigs will think twice before going up on Big Vic in the paint.
- Steal: 59 – Not bad for a big man. With the right timing, he might snatch a few.
- Block: 90 – SWAT TEAM. Seriously, he’s erasing shots left and right. A cornerstone for any defense.
- Offensive Rebound: 70 & Defensive Rebound: 92 – Big Vic is a glass cleaner. Especially on the defensive end. Expect him to grab boards over multiple defenders.
- Speed: 55 & Acceleration: 45 – He’s not the fastest on the floor, but he ain’t a snail either. Can definitely run the floor in fast breaks.
- Strength: 72 – He’s got some beef. While not the strongest in the game he can hold his own in the post…
- Vertical: 70 – Those alley-oops? Lob them up, and watch him soar.
- Stamina: 90 – The big man’s got lungs. He’s running the floor, contesting shots, and still has gas left in the 4th.
- Corner Specialist: Silver
- Rim Protector: Hall of Fame
- Rebound Chaser: Hall of Fame
Playstyle and Tips
Alright, so you’ve set up your Wembanyama build, now what?? Dominate, that’s what! You’re basically a cheat code in the paint. Work the post, snag those boards, and don’t be afraid to take an open three if they disrespect you like that.
- In the Paint: Use that 99 standing dunk to its fullest. Back down your defender and jam it on them.
- Pick and Pop: Set a screen and fade for a wide-open three. You’ve got the shooting badges and attributes for it.
- Be a Menace: Use that wingspan and blocking ability to swat shots and make opponents think twice before entering the paint.
- Grab Boards: With your height and rebounding badges, you should be pulling down rebounds like crazy…
- Be Selfish, But Not Too Selfish: You’re a dominant force but you’ve also got playmaking badges. Don’t forget to dish out some dimes to your open teammates…