Here are just a few tips to get you started:
- First, focus on getting your actual production in order: food, firewood or coal, construction materials, and housing.
- Social issues and tensions will gradually ramp up as your Citizens become a more diverse group.
- Do not neglect researching bonuses and social policies. Unlocking new and more advanced buildings is important but try to stick to a balanced approach.
- Your stockpile is global. Don’t worry about a single warehouse or depot going out of storage space. Watch your global inventory space, and equally important: optimize the placement of your depots and warehouses so your Citizens don’t have far to travel.
- Your people will not be happy or healthy eating only meat, only fish, or vegetables. Keep your food storage diverse. At least give them options.
- Remember that a single housing unit (tent, stone house, two-story house) can only be occupied by a SINGLE family! It may seem like you have enough room for new residents, but new families will want a house of their own.