NBA 2K24 is here, and it’s turned up the heat! One of the top-notch things about this game is the MyCareer mode. You get to slide into the sneaks of an NBA player and rise from a green rookie to a household name. But, it ain’t just about hoopin’ on the hardwood, it’s also about carving out a player persona that’s as unique as you.
Changing Your Main Name in MyCareer
Before we dive in, there’s something you should know: The only way to change the main/first name of your player in MyCareer is to create a new build. This means, once you change your name in NBA 2K24, it’s going to stay the same across all your saves. So, if you create a new character or build, remember, the name you select will replace the names of all your previous builds.
- Step Out of MyCareer: If you’re already deep into MyCareer mode, you need to make a quick exit. Find your way out and return to the main menu.
- Jump Back Into MyCareer: From the main menu, spot MyCareer again. Click or press on it to re-enter.
- Choose Your Character: Now, you have a choice to make: You can start anew by creating a brand new character or tweak one of your existing builds. Choose what works for you.
- Edit Your Character: Once your character is selected, it’s time for some changes. If you’re on Xbox Series X|S, press the Y button; for PS4 & PS5 users, the triangle button is your go-to. This action will allow you to edit your existing build.
- Name Change: A new window pops up with options to change your first and last names. Take a sec to pick a name that feels right for you, then lock it in. Keep in mind, this new name will take over the names of all your previous builds.
Changing Your Secondary Nickname and Social Media Name in MyCareer
The good news is, you don’t need to create a new build to change the social media name and secondary nickname of your player in MyCareer. Here’s how to do it:
- Enter MyCareer Mode: Similar to the first part, begin by navigating to MyCareer mode.
- Navigate to Settings: Inside your character build, look for the Options menu and scroll down to Settings.
- Choose a Nickname: In Settings, find the ‘Secondary Nickname’ option. Here’s where you pick a catchy nickname from choices like Prime Time, The Beast, or Mr. Clutch. Remember, you can’t pen your own here; you gotta select from the ones given.
- Create a Social Media Handle: After picking your nickname, continue to scroll down until you find the social media handle option. There are no presets for this one, so you have full creative freedom to choose whatever handle you want.
- Lock In Your Changes: Once you’re satisfied with your changes, simply exit the settings. Your changes will automatically apply.
That’s all there is to it! You’ve successfully changed and edited your name in MyCareer mode in NBA 2K24. But don’t forget, there’s a ton more you can do in MyCareer, like changing up your jersey number, testing out new hairstyles, and rocking some fresh accessories. Have a blast customizing your player to match your style, and enjoy the game!