Attunement Changes Throughout TBC Classic
In original TBC, attunement requirements were greater at the start of the expansion than at the end. As new content was released, Blizzard made accessing older content easier for alts and new players catching up. If Blizzard follows that same path then this is when we may see attunement changes introduced in various content phases.
- Heroic dungeons are accessed with a key, requiring Revered reputation with the dungeon’s associated faction
- Karazhan requires The Master’s Key to unlock the door AND enter the instance
- Gruul’s Lair and Magtheridon’s Lair do not require any attunement
- Serpentshrine Cavern requires attunement quests to be completed, which have parts in Karazhan and Gruul’s Lair
- Tempest Keep (aka The Eye) requires attunement quests to be completed.
- Battle for Mount Hyjal requires attunement through a quest related to Serpentshrine Cavern
- Black Temple requires attunement through a quest series
- Attunement requirements may be removed for Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep (The Eye)
- Zul’Aman has no attunement requirements.
- Heroic dungeon keys may be lowered to Honored reputation levels
- Sunwell Plateau had no attunement requirements, but bosses were time-gated:
The first gate was opened two weeks after the patch when live.
The second gate opened three weeks after that.
The third and final gate opened three weeks after that.
The full instance was available 2 months after the patch release.
- Attunement may be removed for the Battle for Mount Hyjal and Black Temple
- Characters without a key may be able to enter Karazhan, provided someone opens the front gate for them.