Unable to start up 3D acceleration – Issue Fix
- First of all, Confirm your PC build is actually capable of running the game. The game’s minimum requirements are:
WoW Burning Crusade (TBC) Classic PC minimum system requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i5-760 or AMD FX-8100 or later
- RAM: 4 GB RAM (8GB for integrated graphics such as Intel HD Graphics)
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 64 bit
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB or Intel HD Graphics 530 (45W)
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB
- Another reason for the game to crash might be the lack of administrative rights. Right-click on the game’ and select “Run The Game as Administrator”. If this doesn’t work for you then try playing the game from the account that has the administrative rights.
- Also, an outdated GPU driver might also be the reason for the game to crash. Just update your drivers to the latest version.
How do I update my video card drivers?
- -Type “DxDiag” and click OK.
- -After the DirectX Diagnostic Tool loads, select the Display tab.
- -The video card’s name and manufacturer are listed in the Device section. The current driver version is listed in the Driver section.
- -Visit the driver manufacturer’s website to obtain the most up-to-date driver. Contact the driver manufacturer for assistance with updating the driver. If the computer is under warranty, contact the computer manufacturer.
- Another reason for the game to crash at launch is the anti-virus or the Windows Defender, which might be detecting the game’s exe file as a trojan virus.
You can either disable the anti-virus or make an exception for the game in the anti-virus. This will allow the game to run on your system.
Some overlay programs can cause Blizzard games to crash.
- Programs with an overlay can cause Blizzard games to crash or black screen if they are not fully updated, while others may cause crashes even if updated. If updating the program does not help, disable or uninstall it before playing. Some examples of these programs are:
- EVGA Precision™
- NZXT CAM
- MSI Afterburner™