One of the most lethal attack options in FIFA 23 is the downward header. It’s effective because the keeper has to stoop down in order to block the ball. If executed correctly, there is a very high chance of the ball bouncing off the pitch and entering the goal way before the goalkeeper (or any player) has a chance to block it. Here is everything you need to know in order to successfully pull off the move.
HOW TO SCORE DOWNWARD HEADERS
PS4 & PS5
- Hold down L1 + R1 and then press Circle to perform a downward header. Hold down the buttons until the downward header animation is finished.
XBOX ONE & SERIES X|S
- Hold down LB + RB and then press B to perform a downward header. Also, hold down the input until the animation is done.
- Hold down L + R and then press A to execute the downward header.
WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE SCORING THE DOWNWARD HEADER
- In FIFA 23, you can do a downward header through corners, free-kicks or simply crossing the ball towards the box. Scoring a downward header is all about timing. You need to target your opponent’s moment of weakness and shoot when they are not in position.
- To make sure the ball hits the target, you have to execute the move right before the player heads the ball. Getting the right timing won’t be easy and will require a lot of practice.
- Make sure to charge the shot meter to four bars to maximize your chances of pushing the ball into the goal.
- You can even use the Left Stick to aim the shot towards a specific direction.
FIFA 23 Skill Moves: Full List of Tricks Players Can Use
FIFA 23: How to Score Long Shots
FIFA 23: How to Do the Zombie Celebration