First thing you have to know are the combat capabilities of you, your gangsters, and the enemies and allies you’ll be fighting with. These are represented by a few attributes:
- Health (HP): Displays the amount of health your character has and how much damage they can take.
- Marksmanship: How likely a character is to hit a selected target with a ranged weapon. 1 point of Marksmanship is equal to 1% chance to hit with a ranged weapon.
- Melee: How likely a character is to hit a selected target with a melee weapon. 1 point of Melee is equal to 1% chance to hit with a melee weapon.
- Initiative: Controls a character’s position in the combat queue. The higher a character’s initiative, the earlier they get to take their turn in combat.
- Movement: How far a character can move during combat. 1 Movement is equal to 1 tile.
- Defense Bonus: Displays defensive bonuses that are currently being applied to the character. Defense reduces the chance for enemies to hit you. 1 Defense is equal to -1% chance to hit for the enemy.