Surely, commanding a force of the army would be a mouth-watering experience for those who love playing tactical-based video games. Age of Darkness: Final is a fusion of RTS, Base Building, Dark Fantasy, and Survival game elements, offering you thrilling gameplay to experience, and it supports only Single-player mode. It takes you to a dark fantasy world where vicious monsters await you to defeat; meanwhile, to take over the land full of resources and other items.
An ongoing war between heroes and monsters is threatening and leading the world to the edge of destruction. Collect, recruit, and assemble your force of soldiers to defeat enemies and their soldiers before it’s too late. The recently released game “Age of Darkness: Final Stand” has successfully won the hearts of over 1200 players at the time of writing. Unlike other games, over 70K enemies can be displayed on your screen at once.
Age of Darkness: Last Stand: Beginner’s Guide – Tips and Tricks
The game’s premise is its RTS genre and resource gathering component. Furthermore, it’s not challenging enough for strategy; however, the “Death Night Mechanics” are the hardest to understand and win.
In most base-building games, players must choose the ideal location for their base and then deploy their armies to defeat opposing forces. To summarize, players in RTS games must have a strong strategic approach to deal with all the challenges. This article will undoubtedly help beginners by explaining some of the game’s main features. We recommend reading this guide if you are new to the game or are just starting.
- Before we start, remember that every map is different, meaning maps are randomly generated and unique for each player.
- Don’t get distracted and let your resources reach the cap, especially at first. Build a logging camp well before you run out of wood. This means only 1 or 2 houses or food production buildings—rush exploring to find a good spot for a logging camp. Pay attention to the rating. If you can get it in the 19-24 range, you’ll be set for a while with just one. You probably don’t need more than two of these.
Collect Resources (Wood, Food, Stone, and Iron)
- Resources and their importance in RTS and Base Building video games are likely familiar to you. Similarly, you must search for resources while exploring the area from an isometric viewpoint. The resources are listed below in order of importance.
- Wood – Explore the area for clusters and use them to construct camps and other items, such as weapons and equipment.
- Food – Food is the second most important resource in Age of Darkness: Last Stand, and you must always grow food to feed your armies adequately. So look for a large field where you can grow whatever food you want while supporting the massive army and personnel research centers. You are not permitted to do anything within the specified radius after establishing the farm.
- Stone and Iron – Usually, the production of Stone and Iron depends on the ground loaded with rocks or metal deposits as well.
Build Bases As Fast As Possible
- The countdown can be your worst enemy when playing Death Night mode. In short, you have limited time; As a result, build lots of structures, houses, bases, and other facilities to support the soldiers as much as possible. Keep focusing on the following buildings;
Upgrade Buildings and Troops
- When playing the game, we suggest you don’t neglect the research you did. Keep your focus on upgrading all structures, troops, and houses you have built. You will only be a step away from losing the game if you don’t upgrade the material you have created.
Explore and Kill Enemies
- Never miss a chance to kill enemies as they leave you in-game currency and valuable resources to use. Grow your armies and upgrade to make them powerful; meanwhile, better your research facilities and keep them elevated to master.
- Arbalests are extremely important for defeating giants. Kill Elite Nightmares to get the crystals you need to upgrade your units.
- Don’t forget the siege units. Flamers and Ballistas play an important role in crowd control.
Miscellaneous Tips and Tricks
- Destroying Darkness Crystal fast-forwards the upcoming wave, but the players also receive more dark essence from it.
- Melee units are bad at dealing with late waves, but they’re great at clearing the map. They’re useless against late waves because they don’t regenerate quickly enough, and they can’t deal with ranged units, which you want close to your walls/towers. There is, however, a way to make them viable: surround the wave spawn location with sentinels and arbalests so that they can quickly kill enemies before their numbers become too large to handle.
- Get Archers and bring them along with your Hero to clear areas. Your Hero will tank the damage while your archers support him from the back; that way, you can keep your archers safe without having them die like the soldiers—also an excellent way to level up your Hero.
- By the third wave, you should have AoE towers. If you don’t have AoE towers for the third wave, you’ve probably invested too much in the army (which is also not good, tech is better), or you had a bad start.
We hope you found this guide helpful. If you have any more tips or tricks to contribute to this guide, please leave a comment. We’ll update this guide as soon as your comment is approved.