How Do I Enable/Disable the Chat System
If you prefer not to enable CHAT in the game, you have the option to turn it off. Follow these simple steps to disable or enable in-game chat in New World.
- Press Enter while playing the game.
- Hover your mouse over the Chat header.
- You will see a gear icon in the top right corner of the chat thread, click on it, and from there, you will be able to change various chat channel settings.
- If you select Mute, the channel will not be shown in the feed, and unread messages will not be added to the chat button total.
- Note: The channel can still be viewed using the left channel selector.