Tips and Tricks: a Beginner’s Guide
New World is a big game with a big world full of enemies looking to take you down. If you want to survive your adventure, you have to be careful. There’s a lot to see and do in New World, but you’ll need to read up on the fundamentals before you can delve into the more advanced.
- Before jumping into the game, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the basic controls, including the ability to move your character and interact with your environment. You can access these key assignments by visiting the Controls section of the Configuration menu, which you can from the in-game menu using the Esc key or from the game’s main menu. Here are the default game controls;
New World PC Keyboard Controls and Key Bindings Guide
- Players can join three factions in the game, which form the basis for open-world PvP and territory control. Players have to choose a faction once they complete a series of quests and must be a minimum of level 10 to join (which you’ll reach by going through the quests). Once a faction is joined, you can only then join a Company of that same faction. Players can switch factions once every 120 days. At the core of the New World’s social features are the three factions, organizations of like-minded players and non-player characters with their motives and schemes for the island’s future. As a member of one of these factions, you’ll wage war and claim, defend, and develop your territory.
- If you see that your build is not optimal, you can respec skill points. This process is straightforward. Open the “Character” menu by pressing the “K” key and looking at the screen’s bottom part. You will find a “Respec” button there. Press it, and you will initiate the process.
- How to set up a Camp? The process of setting up a camp is very simple. Look at the bottom right part of the screen and find a bonfire icon there. This icon indicates the current status of your bonfire and displays a distance to your active bonfire after you have placed it somewhere. All you need is to press the Y key, and you will see a plan on your screen. You can rotate this plan using Shift + Mouse Wheel if you want. Once you select the place where you want it to locate, confirm the action, and that’s all. Now you can use it.
- To fish, you need a fishing rod and fishing bait that you can buy from a merchant. A fishing rod also can be crafted using Engineering Tradeskill. You can fish from any body of water as long as it’s not shallow. Whenever you equip a fishing rod near a suitable water source, it will show you the abundance of fish. There is also a variety of fish to discover in both fresh water and saltwater. Fish have a variety of uses, including cooking and trading,
New World – Fishing Guide & How to Fish
- Crafting is a very difficult way of making money at the early stages. Leveling up crafting a profession requires resources, and you will hardly be able to sell something at a good price when your crafting skill is low. But the more you advance, the better items you can make. Top crafters may earn a lot of gold. Tip: If you play the game right from the start, try to level up a profession ASAP to become one of few people who can make high-level items. You will have a lot of clients and will receive a lot of coins for your work.
- To Split Items, hover the item in the inventory and press CTRL + LMB. This will open up an extra window with a special interface. This interface allows splitting the stack into two parts with a special scroll bar. Use the scroll bar to add or remove items from the stack you want to make.
- I’m stuck! Help!! Like, physically stuck in the world? Okay, don’t panic; there is a solution, albeit a well-hidden one. Open a chat window by pressing “Enter.” The chat window allows entering console commands. Type the command /unstuck and press enter again to activate it.
- If you experience performance issues (for example, low framerate, screen freezing for a very short time, the action slowed down), the following info may help you understand the root cause of the issue and correct the situation.
How to Fix New World (PC) Performance Issues / Lag / Low FPS