To be able to fishing you need a fishing rod and fishing bait that you can buy from a merchant. A fishing rod also can be crafted using Engineering Tradeskill. You can fish from any body of water as long as it’s not shallow. Whenever you equip a fishing rod near a suitable water source it will show you the abundance of fish. There is also a variety of fish to discover in both fresh water and saltwater. Fish have a variety of uses including cooking and trading,
How to fish
- Equip your fishing rod and get some bait in your inventory.
Fresh Water Baits – are the best for all the “inner” water like swamps, lakes, and rivers.
Salt Water Baits – are used for the sea/ocean water. Aeternum is an island and is surrounded by the ocean.
- Look for fishes in the sea, lake, or similar. Don’t randomly throw your hook into the sea.
- Press the F3 key to toggle fishing mode.
- To Equip bait press the R key.
- Left-click using the fishing rod. The longer you hold the left click further away the hook will go. You will spend one bait every left click.
- Wait until a fish hit your hook, when the hook goes down press right click and hold it until the fish is close enough to be able to pick it pressing E.