Arthurian Legends is a fantastic 2.5D melee combat retro Hack n’ Slash FPS game that stands with classics such as Duke Nukem 3D, Might And Magic RPG Series, Blood: One Whole Unit, and Shadow Warrior. You play as the son of Uther Pendragon, defending his homeland (Albion) and taking the fight to some Saxons who picked the wrong guy to mess with. Melee combat, crossbows, traps, and spells are all in your arsenal as you fight against knights, thieves, beasts, undead, and wizards.
This article describes some of the game’s essentials that will surely help beginners. For those just learning about this game or new to it, we recommend reading this guide.
- Some doors are locked and require a color-coded (bronze, silver & gold) key to open them. Other Locked doors are operated by a switch nearby.
Using Doors & Switches
- To open most doors and operate switches, stand in front of them and press the Use key. When you successfully operate a switch, it will change in some way (flips handle, depresses, etc.).
Completing an Area
- At the End of each level in Arthurian Legends, there is an exit door marked by a skull on it. Use this door to proceed onward.
Battle & Weapons
- At first, you only have your fists for protection; as you run over a new weapon, you will automatically equip yourself with it. As the game progresses, you will need to choose between weapons. The numeric keys select particular weapons.
- Instead of charging at the enemy, trigger them and start moving backward, hitting them as they approach. It’s the simplest method, and it works on most enemies once you get a feel for your weapon’s range.
- Using the right weapon against the right foe is extremely important in this game. Both the archers and the throwing axes boys are dangerous. As a result, you must use your crossbow (or hand axes) or keep your shield up.
- Press the E key while blocking with a shield to knockback and stun an enemy.
- If thy shield is raised directly before the hit, thy shield will take less damage.
- Using the magical runes is only effective against tough foes, such as the two head dogs.
- Bear traps are effective against large groups of enemies. As a result, the enemy loses his ability to move.
- Games are automatically saved at the beginning of every level.
Picking Up Items
- To pick up an item, just walk over it, and if you have room to carry it, you will automatically pick it up.
- Do not forget to use thy items. Look for secret areas to find magical runes.
- Whenever you are injured, the screen will flash red, and your health will decrease. Keep an eye on your health, or you will end up dead.
- If you die, you will reload the level from the beginning with everything you originally started with.
- A cheat option will appear in the Options menu once you’ve completed the game. Once the cheat option is enabled, the default key to open the cheat menu in the game is backspace. With this cheat menu, you can make the game even more enjoyable!
You can also send us your own tips and tricks. We’ll update this guide as soon as your comment is approved.