How to Move Save Files to Another Computer
Follow these simple steps;
- 1) Create the same amount of profiles in-game (you can always create 4 if you don’t remember) on the new computer – names of profiles are not important.
Look for the Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 folder in your LocalLow folder:
- C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Red Dot Games\Car Mechanic Simulator 2021\
or just copy-paste this one;
- %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Red Dot Games\Car Mechanic Simulator 2021\
Note: Sometimes you need to show hidden folders in Windows. To do that;
Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
- 4) Copy all files from there (XML files) into the new computer to the same LocalLow folder (should be already created since in point 1 you create some empty profiles).
- 5) Run the game, choose your profile and check if all is good.
Note: You can upload the folder to a free file-hosting site and download it on your new computer. Using iCloud would also work.