- 1. Click the right mouse button on the Steam icon on the desktop and click on Open file location.
- 2. Find and open steamapps folder.
- 3. Find and open the common folder.
- 4. Open Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 folder.
- 5. Find and open Car Mechanic Simulator 2021_Data.
- 6. Find and open Streaming Assets.
Or default steam path if you install steam on disk C is:
C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\Car Mechanic Simulator 2021\Car Mechanic Simulator 2021_Data\StreamingAssets\Cars
To create or edit a configuration file, you need software that allows you to edit a .txt file (Microsoft Notepad is suitable). There are three configuration files:
- name.txt – Here you can change the name of your vehicle.
- bodyconfig.txt – In this file, you can find the logic responsible for the disassembly of body parts.
- config.txt – Here is all the saved information from Game Editor (engine type/size etc. you can access game editor from the steam game library)
Before making any changes, be sure to back up the files you want to change.