How to Add Engine SWAP Options to a Specific Car?
- You need to edit the config file in a text editor.
You find the file in;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Car Mechanic Simulator 2021\Car Mechanic Simulator 2021_Data\StreamingAssets\Cars
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Car Mechanic Simulator 2021\Car Mechanic Simulator 2021_Data\StreamingAssets\Cars (replace ‘D’ with drive letter if different)
- Search for swapoptions= under the [6 engine] category after accessing the configuration file you want to edit, then type the engine names you wish to add (if adding more than one, put a comma after each name).
- NOTE: They should be written as filenames rather than in-game names; for example, the I6 DOHC BU2 Turbo engine in-game is named engine r6 2jz t in the filenames. The filenames may be found in the Localization file (also in the StreamingAssets folder).
- If you want to change the default engine, change type= under swapoptions= to anything you want.
- After you’re done editing the config, it’s time to confirm the changes made and adjust the position/scale of the motor, etc. You can use the tool editor for;
TIP: Instead of editing the existing cars, you can copy and paste the config and bodyconfig files of the car you want to edit, then add numbers to the name and it will add it as a new version, but will also keep the existing car variants.
- If there is only one config/bodyconfig, name them config1 and bodyconfig1.
- If there is more than one, they name the number after the last (don’t miss a number)
- You can also change the variant name under carVersionName=, for example, add the name you want; for example, if you type GTi into Emden Jager, it will show your variant as Emden Jager GTi.
How to Edit Save Files in Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 (Cheat)
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 Cheats
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 – Real Car Names Modding Guide