Hell Let Loose – Fix: Controller Not Working on PC
Fix: Controller Not Working on PC
Here’s how you can fix a not working PC controller on Hell Let Loose.
- Launch the Steam.
- On the top left, click on Steam.
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on the Controller.
- Click on the “GENERAL CONTROLLER SETTING” button.
- Select/Check your gaming controller. For example, PlayStation Configuration Support.
- Then go back and click on the OK button.
- Launch the game and check your controller.
When to plug in the controller
Connect the controller before starting Hell Let Loose. Do not connect it while the game is starting as this may lead to issues.
Check the batteries
It may sound elementary, but if you’re using a controller that runs on batteries, even rechargeable ones, the chances are your batteries may have given up on you. Batteries may run out faster than usual as they age and it may also be a sign to get a replacement or find other alternatives if this keeps happening more frequently.
Try out different USB ports
Cabled controllers may suffer from connectivity options. Changing USB ports will be a decent way to troubleshoot any connectivity issues that aging ports can cause. If you hear a little chime while your controller stops working, you’ll know that there might be something wrong with your port or the cable of your controller.
Reinstalling the drivers
Controllers also have drivers, and they’re usually updated with automatic Windows updates. If you have disabled updates before or it’s been a while since you last updated, you’ll need to check if there are any drivers released for your controller. Follow these steps to reinstall the drivers:
- Right-click the Windows start button.
- Select Device Manager.
- Find your controller in the device list.
- Right-click the controller and select Uninstall device.
- Restart the PC with the controller plugged in.
- The drivers will be re-installed automatically.
Or Type in your controller’s model into Google and also add drivers at the end. Navigate to your controller’s manufacturer’s website and download the latest available drivers.
Method #2 (DS4 Controller)
- Download DS4Windows
To achieve PS4 controller functionality on a PC you’ll need the help of a piece of online software. That software is called DS4Windows, and as the name suggests it has been specifically developed for this exact purpose. It works by tricking your PC into thinking that the Dualshock 4 being connected is actually an Xbox 360 controller, which as a Microsoft product is already compatible. To download it head to the DS4Windows website.
- Set up DS4Windows
The downloaded file should be labeled as ‘DS4Windows.exe’. Click on it, and from here it’ll begin the set-up process until a pop-up menu will appear, asking you to choose where you want your settings and profiles to be saved – all standard stuff. Following this, click the ‘Install the DS4 Driver’ option and the software will get to work making any plugged-in PS4 controller compatible with Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. If you’re still running Windows 7 then you’ll need to also click ‘Install 360 Driver’.
- Connect your PS4 controller to the PC
It’s what we’ve all been waiting for: Connect your PS4 DualShock 4 controller to your PC or laptop. You can do this using any USB-Micro USB cable or connect the gamepad wirelessly via Bluetooth. Not all PCs and Laptops will have a Bluetooth receiver built-in, but it’s relatively easy to find one that will plug into your set-up.
Then it’s just about getting the two to talk as you would do with a Dualshock 4 and PS4 console. Hold the center PlayStation button, and this will force DS4Windows to open its Action Centre – then simply click ‘Bluetooth’ and select ‘Wireless Controller’.
Download the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator: https://www.x360ce.com/
- Click on the “Download for 64-bit games” button.
- It supports all joystick versions, including the PS4, Logitech controller.
- Run the x360ce_x64.exe application in the Hell Let Loose folder.
- Click on the Create button.
- Extract the zip to the folder where Hell Let Loose is installed.
- Make sure the USB is plugged in.
- Click on the Create button.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Finish button.
- Go to the Game Settings tab.
- Click on the “Apply/Synchronize Settings” button.
- Click on the OK.
- Go to the Controller 1 tab.
- Click on the Save button.
- That’s all, you can play the game now.