Crash on Launch Issue
If your game’s crashing, it could be because it doesn’t have the right permissions. Here’s what you can do:
- Right-click the game icon and choose “Run as Administrator.”
- If that doesn’t do the trick, try playing from an admin account.
Your antivirus or Windows Defender might also mistakenly see the game as a threat. If that’s the case:
- Consider temporarily turning off your antivirus, or
- Add the game to your antivirus exceptions.
Don’t forget: outdated GPU drivers can cause crashes too. Make sure yours are up-to-date.
Updating Your Video Card Drivers:
- Type in “DxDiag” and hit OK.
- When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool pops up, click the Display tab.
- Note down your video card’s details and current driver version.
- Head over to the right manufacturer’s website and grab the latest driver. If you run into any snags, give the manufacturer a shout:
If you’re sure your PC’s up to snuff and your drivers are fresh but things still aren’t smooth, you might want to check the game files in Steam:
- Find your game in the Library, right-click it, and choose Properties.
- Jump to the Local files tab and hit “Verify integrity of game cache…”.
- Sit tight while Steam does its thing. It’ll close the window when it’s done.
Black Screen Issue
Quick Fix 1: Quick Swap Got a black screen in Home Behind 2? Try this:
- Press Alt + Tab – this takes you out of the game.
- Press Alt + Tab again to dive back in.
If you’re still staring at a black void, let’s try something else.
Quick Fix 2: Screen Mode Shuffle Sometimes, a screen mode swap fixes glitches:
- With your game on, hit Alt + Enter to go windowed.
- Hit Alt + Enter once more to go big with full-screen.
Hopefully, that clears up the blackness!