Unable to Save – Issue Fix
Note, it is not possible to save the game during combat, braindance and some quests.
If you encounter issues with saving the game in other circumstances, make sure that Cyberpunk 2077 folder is not controlled by your security software.
Windows Defender and Bitdefender are examples of security software that may be related to the issue:
If you are using Windows Defender:
1.Open Windows Defender Security Center.
2. Click on Virus & threat protection.
3. Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
4. Under “Controlled folder access,” click the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.
5. Click the Add an allowed app button.
If you are using Bitdefender:
1. Go to the Dashboard of BitDefender
2. Protection tab on the left
3. Click on Application Access under the Safe Files applet
4. Flag the check mark for Cyberpunk 2077
Night City is a dangerous place and some decisions can’t be taken back. We recommend saving often and having more than one save file as backup.
If you are unable to save the game, try the solutions below.
1. Clear your console’s cache:
– Power down your Xbox console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for at least 10 seconds.
– Unplug the power cable
– Wait for two minutes
– Plug the power cable back and turn the console on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or on your controller.
2. Try clearing the local saves as instructed in the step 7 of this article.
WARNING: this may result in losing progress if cloud saving is not on or if you aren’t connected to Xbox Live. Refer to Xbox FAQ for further information.
Upon re-starting the game should re-sync, become functional, and progress should be retained as long as the cloud is on.