The Fame reward of each match is hugely affected by your performance in the arena and equipment. After every match, a Fame Multiplier is calculated based on your Audience Favor and your total equipment fame multiplier.
In short, putting on a show and wearing equipment the audience will love may drastically increase the fame you earn.
• The Audience Favor gauge in the bottom right indicates the affection of the populace.
• During each fight your audience fame multiplier can go from 0x to 2x by default.
• By default, the Audience Favor will tend toward 0 (neutral)
• Killing opponents, dealing damage, remaining generally active and putting on a show will boost Audience Favor.
• The Audience loves it when you throw and do throwing damage, and when you switch weapons frequently.
• The audience gets bored when you overuse a weapon, have no enemy facing you directly, or idle too long.
• Your total fame multiplier for each match is your Audience Fame Multiplier (0-2) plus the sum of all your equipment fame multipliers.
• Many weapons have a negative fame multiplier, keep a good eye on this.
• Some weapons are particularly fancy or special, and have a positive fame multiplier.
. • Heavy armor and shields are generally not received well and have a negative fame multiplier.