How to Unlock New Foods
When you create your first tin with the smelter, you’ll unlock a cauldron (10 tin) in your hammer’s Misc. tab. Cauldrons work like cooking stations and have to be placed over a fire.
The recipes you have when you build it depends on what you’ve found so far. Instead of going into every recipe, let’s talk about some of the ingredients you’ll use:
- Raspberries are from the meadows biome.
- Blueberries are from the black forest biome.
- Honey comes from hives that you’ll find in abandoned structures in the meadows biome. If you don’t have any yet, take the time to go find some. When you destroy a hive, you might pick up a queen bee along with the honey. If you get one, build a beehive (10 wood, 1 queen bee) for a local honey supply.
- Dandelions are from the meadows biome.
- Thistle is from the black forest biome.
- Yellow mushrooms come from burial chambers in the black forest.
An easy recipe you’ll almost definitely have is queens jam (8 raspberries, 8 blueberries). When you make this, you’ll get four queens jam — a food with (basically) the same stats as cooked meat with much less stabbing required.