How to Maintain Your Zoo
Some Useful tips and tricks regarding how to maintain your zoo.
- Security & Caretakers: If you’re trying to increase your profits, it’s worth setting both of these staff to patrol heavy-traffic areas. When vandalism and rubbish occurs, guests become extremely unhappy.
- Educational Speakers: When you place down educational speakers (which the guests love) you’ll notice a heatmap. You’ll want to place speakers down in blue areas rather than red. If your speakers overlap, guests happiness will drop very quickly.
- Solar Panels: You can place these all around your zoo. Guests don’t object to seeing them like they do with staff buildings. Also as an added bonus, they don’t cost any maintenance.
- Water Purifiers: These keep lakes and areas of water clean. This will remove the “cleanliness from last water source” debuff that you may have seen.
- Guest Facilities: Don’t build any drink shops until you have at least 300+ guests. Food shops should be around 500+ guests, balloon stores 800+, and information stands at 1000+ guests.
- Water Requirements: Some animals like the Nile Monitor require a water source. The requirements are by square meter (quantity, not surface area). This means you can save money and space by building down into the ground. As long as there is a slope for them to get out, it doesn’t matter how deep the pool is.
- Enrichment Toys: Whilst these are designed for the animals, they’re also designed for guests too. If you place enrichment toys and feeders close to the glass, your animals will move closer to the guests. This means guests will be happier and make bigger donations.