Fish Type & Locations
Small Fish: These are standard fish that can be hooked after a few nibbles followed by the bob disappearing into the water, and generally require two or three tugs on the line.
Order by: Fish, Bait, Location
Shaman Fish, Lure, Seafront: Hidden Beach (Towards the lighthouse, where the seals are, as indicated with a red cross on the map while on a quest for this fish)
Sardine*, Lure, Seafront: Beach
Blowfish*, Lure, Seafront: Pier
Rainbow Trout*, Lure, Northern Plains: Below the Junkyard Entrance
Bream*, Lure, Seafront: Pier
Carp, Earthworm, Nier’s Village: Pond
Black Bass*, Lure, Nier’s Village: Pond
Giant Catfish, Carp, Eastern Valley: Pond
Shark, Lure, Seafront: Pier
Large Fish: A strong tug from the get-go indicates nibbles by large fish and typically you need to start hooking immediately. There’s no waiting for the bob to submerge into the water.
Blue Marlin, Lure/Sardine, Seafront: Pier
Royal Fish*, Earthworm, Eastern Valley: Pond
Sandfish*, Lure, Desert: Sandpits
Hyneria*, Sardine, Desert: Sandpits
Dunkleosteus**, Lure/Sardine, Seafront: Pier
Rhizodont*, Sardine, Desert: Sandpits
* Fish required for The Fisherman’s Gambit quest.
** Dunkleosteus is the only large fish that will come with three tugs.
Vendors sell baits, and some of them are low-level fish you can catch yourself.
Extra: Aquatic plants and dead branches are useless, rusty buckets and clumps are required for some weapon upgrades.
Quest chain unlocks upon completing the quest to catch a shaman fish for Yonah.
1. The Fisherman’s Gambit: Catch ten Sardines
2. The Fisherman’s Gambit 2: Catch seven Blowfish
3. The Fisherman’s Gambit 3: Catch seven Rainbow Trout
4. The Fisherman’s Gambit 4: Catch five Bream
5. The Fisherman’s Gambit 5: Catch five Black Bass
6. The Fisherman’s Gambit 6: Catch three Sandfish
7. The Fisherman’s Gambit 7: Catch three Royal Fish
8. The Fisherman’s Gambit 8: Catch three Blue Marlin
9. The Fisherman’s Final Gambit: Catch one Hyneria
These quests are necessary to improve your character’s fishing skills in order to catch bigger fish.
Fish & Value
Species, Sell Value
Black Bass – 1500
Blowfish – 500
Blue Marlin – 1900
Bream – 750
Carp – 100
Dunkleosteus – 12500
Giant Catfish – 2250
Hyneria – 6000
Rainbow Trout – 600
Rhizodont – 600
Royal Fish – 4000
Sandfish – 2500
Sardine – 125
Shaman Fish – 60
Shark – 1250