The second man is an effective defensive move. Not only does it track runners, but it also pressures the ball carriers into either losing ball control or making a mistake, giving you an advantage either way. It’s a very powerful move, and in this guide you’ll learn how to use the Second Man Press to its full effect.
HOW TO USE THE SECOND MAN PRESS
- To use the Second Man Press simply press R1 on PS4 & PS5 or RB on Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S.
WHERE TO USE SECOND MAN PRESS IN FIFA 23
- The best place to use them are the wings and box.
- Whenever the opponent is close to the wing, using this move almost always guarantees you the ball. There is little no room to move in the wings. This means the opponent is more likely to make a mistake.
- The box is also a viable option when it comes to using the move. If the opponent is bearing down on you, can simply pressure them into losing the ball.
WHEN TO USE SECOND MAN PRESS IN FIFA 23
- Do not spam the move. Most players do not even take notice of the AI players and can end up pulling them out of position. If this happens close to the box, the opponent can take advantage of the open positions and score.
- Use the move strategically. If you’re away from the opponent, press R1/RB to make the AI approach them and quickly switch over to the AI.
- If you accidentally pull the wrong player, let go of the action button immediately, stabilize your formation and then attempt to pull once again.
- Another way of using this move is to cover passes. If an opponent is open for passing, especially in the box, use the AI to cover the ball handler first. You’ll guard the open player and once they are covered switch between your player and the AI to get closer to the ball handler.
How to Do a Finesse Shot in FIFA 23
FIFA 23: How to Score Long Shots
FIFA 23: How to Do a Fake Shot