My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC
If you are having trouble launching your game on PC or are experiencing random crashes, Please thoroughly attempt all steps.
Minimum System Requirements
Confirm your PC build is actually capable of running the game.
The game’s minimum requirements are:
Football Manager 2021 PC minimum system requirements
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: Windows 7 (SP1), 8/8.1, 10 (Update 1903/May 2019 or later) – 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64 – 1.8 GHz +
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 7 GB available space
Log in to Windows 10 with a local Administrator Account. This fixes the majority of cases reported.
Check for Updates to Windows 10
Always ensure that you have the latest updates to Windows 10 by clicking Start and typing ‘Updates’ in the search box.
Here is the updated Windows assistant: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant
Once you’ve updated, perform a complete shutdown and restart your machine.
Microsoft Store and UWP game reset
Make sure all to set your game to the highest priority in Task Manager.
Windows > Settings > type Apps & Features > title > Advanced Options > Reset
Deactivate Windows Defender
- Click. Update & Security. …
- Click Windows Security. This tab is in the upper-left side of the window.
- Click Virus & threat protection. …
- Click Virus & threat protection settings. …
- Disable Windows Defender’s real-time scanning.
- Set game priority to high
Turn off any extra Power monitoring software
– Some players reported that disabling tuning software such as RivaTuner and MSI Afterburner fixed game crashes.
- Gamefast from Dells Killer Control Center
- Any software installed that may be adjusting or monitoring power settings
Then, make sure that your Power settings are correct
- Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options
- Change to High Performance
- Perform a Full Shutdown (not restart).