The Fake Shot Stop is a stun move. The idea behind the skill is to confuse your opponent enough to stun them in place, thereby giving you the precious moments needed to make your play. It’s a simple enough move with a bit of a learning curve, so let’s get started.
HOW TO DO THE FAKE SHOT STOP
- In order to do this move, you’ll first have to do a normal fake shot and then cancel it midway. Read our FIFA 23 Fake Shot guide if you don’t know how to do it.
- Once you do a normal fake shot, press L2 + R2 on PS4 & PS5 or LT + RT on Xbox One & Series X|S immediately to cancel the move. Do not hold the Left Stick while canceling the move. You can touch the Left Stick after canceling the Fake Stop.
- Once canceled, start sprinting again with the ball. You’ll get an explosive speed boost for a short while.
WHERE TO DO THE FAKE SHOT STOP IN FIFA 23
- The best place to perform the Fake Shot Stop is in the box. The fake shot will the defender, and from there you can use the speed boost to burst into an open area to take a shot at the goal.
WHEN TO USE THE FAKE SHOT STOP IN FIFA 23
- Use the move when the defender is in front or at the sides. They may think they can stop you, but you can easily get past them with this move.
The Fake Shot Stop proves that simple skill moves can also be effective. All you need is the right situation and almost any skill move will shine if you execute it correctly. Any player including your goalkeeper can perform this move, so mastering it will give you a huge advantage over the rest of the competition.
FIFA 23: How to Do Cristiano Ronaldo Siuu Celebration
FIFA 23: How to Do the Zombie Celebration
How to Use FUT Stadium Player Celebrations in FIFA 23