Crusader Kings III – Pets Guide
Pets are character modifiers that last between 11 and 16 years and can be inherited if a character dies before the pet. Both pet modifiers unlock a Decision to pet them and have a hidden 33% chance to save the character when a Murder Scheme is executed against him or her. There are two pet modifiers:
- Pet Dog grants +1 to Diplomacy and Prowess.
- Pet Cat grants +1 to Intrigue and Learning.
Both pet modifiers can be obtained in two ways. One day after getting the modifier, the character will be given the option to input a name for the pet.
- At any point, the character may be given a pet from a consort, friend, lover, or vassal and gain the option to keep it or sell it for a minor random amount of Gold.
- During childhood, the character might encounter a pet and have the option to keep it and gain the modifier. Alternatively, if the character has the Sadistic trait, it can kill the pet to gain +1 Learning.
While the character has a pet modifier, the following events can take place:
- A vassal plays with the pet and gains +20 Opinion.
- The pet brings 2 Gold.
- The pet gives a temporary Health Boost.
- The pet ruins a vassal’s possessions, bringing the following options:
Pay the vassal and lose a moderate random amount of Gold.
Lose -20 Opinion with the vassal
- If there is a scheme targeting the character, there is a very small chance for the pet to expose it.
- If the character has both pet modifiers, it might gain an event that grants -20 Stress.
- If the character has both pet modifiers, the two pets might fight. Within two weeks, one of the following will happen:
30% chance the dog dies
45% chance the cat dies
15% chance both die
10% chance they get along and the character gains -10 Stress