Game Is Not Starting – Issue Fix
- The first reason for the game is not starting issue might be the lack of administrative rights. Right-click on the game’ and select “Run The Game as Administrator.” If this doesn’t work for you, then try playing the game from the account that has the administrative rights.
- Another reason for the game to crash at launch is the anti-virus or the Windows Defender, which might be detecting the game’s exe file as a trojan virus. You can either disable the anti-virus or make an exception for the game in the anti-virus. This will allow the game to run on your system.
- Also, an outdated GPU driver might also be the reason for the game to crash. Just update your drivers to the latest version.
How do I update my video card drivers?
- Type “DxDiag” and click OK.
- After the DirectX Diagnostic Tool loads, select the Display tab.
- The video card’s name and manufacturer are listed in the Device section. The current driver version is listed in the Driver section.
- Visit the driver manufacturer’s website to obtain the most up-to-date driver. Contact the driver manufacturer for assistance with updating the driver. If the computer is under warranty, contact the computer manufacturer.
If you believe that you meet the requirements for a game and that your drivers are up to date, please attempt to resolve any potential issues with the game’s local data by performing a file cache integrity check.
Please find the steps below for instructions on how to do this:
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache… button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.